Search This Blog

Monday 2 April 2012

My Special Carreyank

How to Get Relief From Neuropathy of the Hands While Driving With Deerskin Driving Gloves

There are many forms of neuropathy, often referred to as peripheral neuropathy, with many different causes. I suffer from neuropathy in both my hands and feet. In my case it is the side effect of strong medications used in chemotherapy.
I have been an auto enthusiast most of my life and enjoy driving my special cars as well as driving daily. Soon after being diagnosed with neuropathy, I began to drive with gloves. I need them all the time as my hands suffer from air conditioning in the warm weather and not enogh heat to my hands in the winter. The winter driving issue was easily solved by just using a heavy pair of winter gloves. However, I had a hard time with the rest of the year.
I tried deerskin driving gloves. They were the perfect solution. They fit well, look nice and are very comfortable. These gloves greatly helped me with all the issues related to the sensitivity in my hands.
The deerskin gloves are not lined and feel like a second skin, helping enhance my sense of feel on the wheel and other controls. As they were unlined they were great for driving on a mild day when I did not want heat or air conditioning. I found them to be the perfect solution for driving with the air conditioning running.
I also found that adding a leather steering wheel cover to my steering wheel was a great help with this problem. Even If your car or truck has a leather steering wheel, I think you would find the additional leather layer a significant hep with improving both the comfort and feel of driving. I would recommend the EuroPerf or perforated genuine leather steering wheel covers as they are a little softer and have a feel of greater control.
These changes have allowed me to truly enjoy driving again.

Sports Car Insurance - What to Look For in Sports Car Insurance

Sports Car insurance is a crucial consideration for any high performance car enthusiast.
What is a Sports Car?
Generally, if it looks like a sports car, handles like one and accelerates like one, it will be classified as a sports car by the insurance companies. Every insurance company rates and classifies cars differently. But most companies will use the ISO (Insurance Services Office) VIN rating system to determine the rating of any vehicle.
Ratings and Recommendations
I owned a 1997 Corvette. Because I'm over 50 year old and had a perfect driving record, Liberty Mutual did not rate me any higher for the 'Vette than the Mercedes E300 I now drive. So, more variables than just horsepower come into play when buying car insurance.
Age of the driver, driving record, age of the vehicle, modifications, customizations, home location and many other factors affect insurance premiums. That's why it is so important to get multiple insurance quotes.
If your car is a classic car, a modified street rod, or an exotic car, you may have to look for coverage designed specifically for collectible autos.
I recommend shopping for insurance BEFORE you close the deal on the car. What will happen to your monthly budget if you buy a high performance car, but the monthly insurance premium payment equals or exceeds your car payment? You'd instantly place yourself in financial trouble at a time that you were looking to enjoy your new automotive toy.
Car Insurers also offer a variety of discounts, such as:
o Multi-Unit
o Multi-Policy
o Safety Course
o Prior Insurance
o Renewal discount for maintaining continuous coverage
You will also find a wide choice of deductibles and payment plans available. Choosing higher deductibles will lower your premiums. Flexible payment plans will help you manage your budget.
By using these strategies, you'll have the best chance at having fun cruising in your sports car!
Get your best sports car insurance quotes at: http://ojokngono.blogspot.com/
Quotes are always free...you NEVER spend a penny for a quote. And, there is NEVER any obligation to buy. SPECIAL OFFER: Give us your first name and email address, and we'll send you TWO FREE SPECIAL REPORTS, each with a value of $9.97.
The first report is "Five Things To Avoid When Buying Car Insurance." The second report is "Five Things To Do When Buying Car Insurance." Use the strategies in these two reports, and save hundreds of dollars on your car insurance!

Auto Insurance Tips For Teens and First Time Drivers

Congratulations! You've started driving, now get ready to open your wallet:S. Auto insurance is required by law and everybody must pay to get it regardless of age or skill level. When I first started driving, the process of getting insured was fairly straight-forward since I just went to my parent's insurance agent and got tacked on to their policy. This may be the best case scenario for many new drivers as well, but it is not always the best route to take. Here are some tips to make sure that you are getting the best deal possible and your likely limited funds are not being unnecessarily wasted.
Latching on to your Parents Policy
This is the route that the vast majority of first time drivers choose to take, and for good reason. Most of the time it is cheaper, and your parents likely have some sort of rapport built up with their agent. The reason that this method is often times cheaper, is due to the beauty of the "multi-line discount". What this means is that many insurance companies will offer a discount to policy holders who have multiple lines of coverage through their company. In my case, my parents had home-owners, auto, and life insurance through the same agent, and as such I was able to see a significant discount in my premiums.
Sidenote: an insurance premium refers to the monthly payment that is due to keep your insurance policy in effect. A deductible refers to a one time payment made (often $100, $250, $500, or $1000 depending on your plan) if you have an accident and must file an insurance claim. In theory the insurer will cover any additional expenses above and beyond the deductible you pay to them.
Why so Expensive?
Even with the discounts from your parents policies however insurance will NOT be cheap. Much of this stems from the fact that statistically teens and early 20-somethings have the about the highest rate of automotive accidents. This number subsides for many years and starts to rise again past the age 60 or so. Insurance premiums follow this curve, and are highest when you are first starting to drive, and again when you are getting too old to be driving. Your rates will drop significantly when you reach age 25 for most insurers, and stay relatively low until you're old and gray. I was 16 when I purchased my first vehicle (nothing special, just a 1989 F-150 pickup truck), and with all the discounts (including good student discount), I was still paying on order of $100 a month for liability only coverage... Things got even more crazy several years later when I purchased a sportier two door Mitsubishi Eclipse which cost me over $250 a month for full coverage. (This was more than my monthly car payment for the vehicle. As I write this now, I am 26 years old, and pay around $75 a month for full coverage on my current vehicle.
Insurance Price Factors
The main factors that will affect your initial premium rate are: age, multiple policy discounts, Good student discounts, type of car you drive, and family driver history (if you are using your parents insurer). Type of Car: As a general rule, the sportier the car, the more expensive your insurance will be. Duh. It's no secret that when given a fast car and the right circumstances, most teens will drive fast. I certainly did, and I have the traffic tickets to prove it. There is an interesting proviso to this however, because some fast cars can be cheaper than others. This applies mainly to sport sedans, and luxury sedans which are viewed by insurance companies to be safer, and statistically involved in less accidents. It's hard to offer exact guidance here, because every company is different, but if you're car shopping for your first ride as well, it will never hurt to call up your (or your parents agent) to find out which cars on your favorites list are going to be the cheapest to insure. Good Student Discount: This is a fairly popular discount offered by most companies, because according to their statistics, students with GPA's above a 3.0 are generally involved in less traffic incidents, and are thus given better rates. Yeah, good grades to pay off sometimes... who would have thought.
Non-Parent Policies If your parents policy has a laundry list of accidents attached to it, it might be a good idea to seek insurance on your own. A great way to do this is online, by filling out free quotes from various popular insurance agencies (many of whose links can be found throughout this site). One nifty little trick to consider as well, is to purchase the cheapest term life insurance policy along with your auto insurance. In my case when I moved out and detached from my parents policy, I added the lowest life insurance policy to my auto insurance, and with the discount I received from having multiple lines of coverage through the same company it was actually cheaper for both policies than just automotive by itself. Weird, I know.
Wrap Up Summing up this article, if your parents are in good standing with their insurance company, your best bet is probably to use their agent. If not, or if you are already living on your own, get multiple quotes from different insurance companies, and be sure to ask about multi-line discounts if you purchase cheap life insurance from them as well. Even if it doesn't save you any money, often times you can pick up valuable coverage such as renters insurance for next to nothing with your multi line discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment